Partner Visa

This visa option allows you to stay with your partner in Australia.  To apply for this visa, either you or your partner must be an Australian Citizen or an Australian permanent resident (in limited instances New Zealand Citizens are also eligible).

Your partner and you must either be:
  • Married.
  • In a de facto relationship.
  • Intending to marry

You may be able to lodge this visa application while you are present in Australia (subclass 820/801) or you may lodge this application while your partner is overseas (subclass 309/100).  

The prospective marriage visa (subclass 300) enables you to temporarily enter Australia to be reunited with your Australian spouse before your marriage.