Child Visa

There are a range of visas on which children living overseas can be reunited with their parents in Australia.  Some of the visa options are listed below.

Dependent Child Visa (subclass 445)

This temporary visa allows a child to stay in Australia temporarily while we process their parent’s permanent Partner visa application.  To qualify for this visa the child’s parent must hold a temporary partner visa or dependent child visa.

Child Visa (subclass 802 or subclass 101)

This permanent visa allows a child to stay in Australia permanently and live with their parents.  The child must be sponsored by an eligible parent.

Remaining Relative Visa (subclass 835 or subclass 115)

This permanent visa lets people stay in Australia to be with their only close family members.  There can be long wait times for this visa.

Orphan Relative Visa (subclass 117) visa

This visa lets a child who is single come to Australia to live with a relative if their parents are dead, are unable to care for them or can’t be found.